Monday, July 7, 2008

Message in a Bottle

Pretend you found this e-mail typed up and printed out in a bottle that you stumbled across.

Day1




Day12: I am still here. This is my 12th day at this fire camp. I think people are there in the outside world. People are losing it here. I think i'm starting to lose it here. I have begun to sing to myself when there are no other "insiders" around. Rumor has it there are still people alive on the outside. If you get this, help me... .... .... ....

haha, ok I guess that might have been a little far stretched but at times, it really does feel like that! It's crazy being the only one from your company here for this long! You can only do so many things to entertain yourself before you just hit ultimate boredom. To the point where things that you once thought were fun, aren't really that fun anymore, they just fill up the spare time. Things really aren't too bad but I can tell you, it's great to be able to call "outsiders" and just talk for hours on end! One thing is to be learned from this: If you ever go on fire, be prepared with multiple activities to keep yourself busy:)

3 comments:

dalyman said...

Sounds exciting. Maybe you should call me sometime tomorrow to relieve your bordem!

Sadie said...

I know it's hard, Ben, but try to treasure this solitude that you have. It's more than likely that you will NEVER in your life get another opportunity like this. Ponder, search, dig deep and learn things about yourself and other knowledge that you won't have time for later. I would do anything for a month of solitude.

Unknown said...

BEN!!! Fire camp....an experience everyone should have. I remember a month in Louisiana after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. That's when I learned that I grow a reddish brown beard.